The Board of Director’s of Family Legacy Missions International hereby declares that all donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent tax return upon request.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given as long as the intended use of funds is in keeping with the organization’s purpose and with the policies and priorities of the organization.
- To receive appropriate and personal acknowledgement and recognition for their gift in written form and to be honored in any request for anonymity. To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization, or hired solicitors
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers